Setting up Safe Food Pro
Getting Started: Simple steps to a successful setup
Follow these steps to get your Safe Food Pro account up and running.
Ingredients to a successful setup:
- Add your Suppliers & Equipment
- Download the App
- Review and customise your Food Safety forms
- Set up Users & get your Staff on board
- Learn to monitor your Dashboard & review Reports
Choose to take 10 minutes on each step per day to get set up in a week, or be an overachiever and knock through all of them in a couple of hours ⌚
Check out our 5 minute quick start video, if you still want to learn more take a dive into our Setting Up Safe Food Pro webinar.
Step 1. Add your Suppliers & Equipment
Once you have gone through our set up wizard, you can head to the login screen and enter your login details.
Let's get your Equipment and Suppliers out of the way:
- Add equipment to start monitoring your maintenance schedule & to start taking your daily temperature checks. Once you've added your Fridges & Freezers they will automatically show in your Temperature Check form on the app, it's ready when you are.
- Add suppliers such as, companies who deliver goods to you, services who do your maintenance. You can then complete delivery forms for traceability and be able to contact suppliers straight from the app.
Step 2. Download the App
Next is to download the app from your Google Play Store or App Store, the app can only be downloaded on a Mobile/Tablet device and is what you & your staff will use to fill in your Food Safety forms.
You would've just been in the Administration Console where all of the setup, monitoring, and reporting lives, the App is where all of your hard work comes into play.
It's best to have a play around on the app, so you can get comfortable with how it works. Once you have downloaded the app you will need to:
- Sign in using the login details you set yourself up with. If you set up a Tablet user when you went through the setup wizard then you can use those login details here.
- You will be prompted to set up a 4 digit pin code when you first login to the app. This is what you will use to sign off your forms. Once you've set up your staff
- Start completing your Daily, Weekly & Monthly scheduled forms - find these in the TODAY, THIS WEEK and THIS MONTH tabs at the bottom of the app
- Find your Ad Hoc forms by clicking the green plus icon - this is where you will find all forms that are set to ad hoc. These can be completed any time of day & as many times as you need e.g. Staff Training, Troubleshooting, Deliveries and more.
- Find your saved forms - click the three lines in the top left corner & click Saved Forms to view the forms you've completed so far
Step 3. Review and customise your Food Safety forms
We've based our forms on MPI's forms, most of these will be ready for you to use straight away. There may be a couple of forms that you need to customise to suit you whether it's changing the schedule or changing the questions in the forms. The more you play around on the app, the more you will be able to see what works for you & your team.
Most forms should be good to go, but the main forms you may want to start with are your cleaning forms. To start editing your forms:
- Go back to the Administration Console (computer)
- Go to Forms
- Click the pencil icon to edit any pre-existing forms schedule or content
- OR Click the green plus icon to add your own custom forms
If you've got the time I really recommend checking out our Webinar on Mastering Form Building, this takes you through editing our Cleaning forms to suit your cleaning schedule & building your own custom forms.
Step 4. Set up Users & Get your Team on board!
Now that your account is nearly finished you can start setting up your Staff.
Quick question first! How will your Staff be filling in their Food Safety forms? Will they be:
- Using a Generic Staff tablet
- Using their own mobile device
If your Staff are going to be sharing a Tablet to complete forms you will need to:
- Set up a Tablet User to sign in to the tablet, you can do this on the Staff and Users tab on the Admin Console. This will get you to set an email address and password to sign in to the tablet.
- Set your Staff up as Staff. Here you will set them up with a 4 digit pin code, this is what your staff will use to complete forms on the already logged in tablet (they won't need their login details this way).
If your Staff are going to be logging in on their own mobile device then they will all need their own email address and password to login with. To do this:
- Sign to the Admin Console
- Go to Staff & Users
- Click the plus button to add a new user (then click the user icon)
- Add the staff members email address & password, then their first & last name
It's always best to then let your Staff Member know what's happening & how to sign in. The more they know at the start, the easier it will be to get them to get up and running quicker. We've even made an article for your staff to read to train them in using the app, that way you can spend less time training your staff in the app and more time finishing your set up! Check out the article here on Setting up Staff in Safe Food Pro.
This step may take some time, but remember you are changing the way you do your Food Safety. Adapting to change can take some time 👌
Step 5. Learn to monitor your Dashboard & review reports
You've set up your account and your staff is now using it (or starting to). Let's check-in and see how the team is going with their form completion:
- Sign in to your Administration Console (remember this is only something Admin or Managers can do)
- Learn how to monitor Form Completion
- Learn how to view and export Reports - don't have reports yet? These are a paid feature!
- Check out our Getting Ready for Verification Webinar so you can be really confident on what to do on your Verification day!
Congrats on making it this far! To thank you for all of your hard work setting up, we've put in a couple of extra bonus tips & tricks.
- Set up User Notifications to stay on top of any maintenance due, troubleshooting forms completed, action alerts & more
- Message your team any new or updates using our Messaging tool
- Stay on top of Corrective Actions by using the Corrective Actions