Release Notes for March 2023
Safe Food Pro - Release Notes
Welcome to Safe Food Pro 3.0.1, focusing on our Mobile App.
In this Release
- New Look & Feel
- User Groups
- Add and Edit Equipment from the Mobile App
- Dark & Light Mode
- Add a note to a Corrective Action when it is Closed
- Automatically add Date Types to Date Questions in your Forms e.g. Best Before Date
New Look & Feel
With this release Safe Food Pro is bringing a fresh new look and a great new feel to our mobile app. We’ve made Safe Food Pro familiar and easy to use to stay on top of your food safety and give it a great visual upgrade to keep it moving with your food business.
User Groups add further customisation to your Food Safety. Create custom User Groups to segment the forms you assign to different teams working under the same Food Plan. Front of House, Kitchens, Coffee Carts, and satellite areas can have their own Forms within a single account. Professional & Multi-Site Plan only.
- Group Monthly Audit forms to Administrators & Managers
- Create a Front of House User Group that only your FOH Staff can see
- Have a Kitchen Staff User Group that contains forms only relevant to Kitchen Staff
Learn more about User Groups here.
Add and Edit Equipment from the Mobile App
This is restricted to Admin, Managers & Tablet Managers
We understand that being able to add and edit your equipment while you're in the kitchen is highly important to you in Safe Food Pro. We’ve listened to your feedback and with Safe Food Pro 3.0 you can now add Equipment through our app on tablet or mobile device. Now, adding equipment is easier than ever as you are able to do it from the device of your choice.
Learn more about your Equipment here.
Dark & Light Mode
Safe Food Pro now adapts to your preferences and will automatically switch to either light or dark mode depending on the settings of your device. If you have a preference you can also manually change it to your preferred view in Settings under ‘Application Theme’.
Add a note to a Corrective Action when it is Closed
To improve traceability processes with your food safety we’ve improved our corrective action feature. You can now add a note to your corrective action to explain what was done to ‘action’ the corrective action when closing a corrective action and marking it as ‘done’ or once it is closed.
Learn more about adding notes to a Corrective Action here either on the Mobile App or on the Admin Console (Web).
Automatically add Date Types to Date Questions in your Forms e.g. Best Before Date
We’ve added a new feature to our form builder to allow you to collect additional information about entered dates to date questions such as ‘Best Before’ or ‘Manufacture Date’. This extends the capabilities of Safe Food Pro, helping your business make food safety easy. To utilise this feature create a ‘date question’ and toggle ‘user must select date type’ on.
You’ll be able to:
- Toggle date type collection units on/off in the form builder.
- Add Best Before, Use By, Packed Date & Manufacture Date to date type questions.
Learn more about adding 'Date Type' to date questions here.
View Only Group Manager Experience
If you're part of a Group you are likely familiar with the Group Admin Console. We understand that sometimes a person in your organisation needs to access this dashboard, but without the ability to edit forms, resources, and suppliers across the group. With this new update, we’ve added the ‘Restricted Group Manager’ role to Safe Food Pro. Now, inside the Group Admin Dashboard under ‘Group Admin Users’ when you create or edit a user you can now use the checkbox to select ‘Restricted Group Manager’. This new role will offer users Group Admin access but in a read-only fashion without the ability to edit forms, resources, and suppliers.
Settings Page (Admin Console/Computer Login)
We’ve improved the admin experience in Safe Food Pro by creating a new settings page which makes it easier for you to adjust your settings in Safe Food Pro and simplifies the ‘Organisation Detail’ page. The new page is also where you’ll find the new User Groups feature to customise your food safety.
Learn more about our new Settings Page here.
We’ve been working hard on many more changes with this update including a major visual overhaul of the Safe Food Pro mobile experience. Some of the noteworthy changes coming to Safe Food Pro with this update are:
- Improving guidance for using the ‘bulk upload’ features for equipment and suppliers.
- Added the ability to filter in a form report.
- Added the ability for users with admin console access to change their email address.
- Improved the error message for a lost connection to a bluetooth probe.
- Improved scrolling for long text entries.
- Made the ability to delete form reports more difficult to avoid accidental deletion.
- Certificates & permits and sensor dashboard panels are now collapsible.
- Improved PDF layouts to reduce images splitting over pages.
- Improved the week time bucket to start with the current week.
- Improved the Dashboard layouts for large numbers of Temperature Sensors
- Improved automated email sending and unsubscribe links for improved deliverability
- Bluetooth support for the ETI DishTemp Blue device