Creating User Groups
Have forms you only need a group of your Users to see? Create Users Groups for segmentation.
User Groups can be a great way to choose what forms you want different users to see. This is a great way to manage different teams or different job types.
In this Article
- What are User Groups?
- Creating User Groups
- Adding a User to a User Group
- Adding a Form to a User Group
What are User Groups?
User Groups are a way to segment types of Users. If you have Forms that are relevant to only a few people in your team, you can create a User Group for them. That way when you build the form, assign it to that User Group, so only that group of Users will ever see it.
You can use User Groups to simplify what your team sees in Site App Pro, that way they only see the Health & Safety forms they need to interact with.
User Group Examples
- Group Monthly Audit Forms to Administrators & Managers
- Create a Front of House User Group that only your FOH Staff can see
- Have a Kitchen Staff User Group that contains forms only relevant to Kitchen Staff
Creating User Groups
You can create User Groups from the Admin Console (Computer login).
- Go to My Business
- Click Settings
- Type in the name of your User Group
- Hit the ENTER key
- Repeat until you've added them all
- Click SAVE
The user groups will now show on the User's Profiles & Form Builder pages.
Adding a User to a User Group
User Groups can only be assigned to a User with a login. This means if you are in a specific user group, you will need to login on to your own device. For example, if you have a Front of House and Kitchen User Group, you will need to create a different user for each User Group and get a device for each user.
To add a User to a User Group
- Go to Staff & Users
- Click the pencil icon next to the relevant User
- Click Select one or more User Groups
- Select all User Groups that apply to this User
Adding a Form to a User Group
To add a Form to a User Group
- Go to Forms
- Click the pencil icon next to the relevant Form
- Scroll down in settings to see User groups that need to complete this form
- Tick all the User Groups that apply