Knowing What's in Your Food - Allergens
You should be able to tell your customers what’s in their food so they can make informed choices. This is especially important for people with food allergies.
Food allergies can result in life-threatening reactions that can occur within minutes of eating the food. You must know which foods you sell that can cause allergic reactions.
A list of common allergens you should know about are:
- Cereals containing gluten (e.g. wheat).
- Sesame seeds.
- Tree nuts.
Safe Food Pro provides several ways that you as a business can fulfil the requirements of "knowing what's in your food"
- Upload a document containing the allergens in your food as a PDF or image (JPG).
- Use the Ad Hoc "Allergens on the Menu" form.
- Create your own custom form with a multi-choice allergen list to record allergens for each menu item/recipe.
- Use the training form "Specific training of business procedure/method" to record when you train your staff about allergens.
- Create a quiz to test your staff's knowledge on allergens on your menu.