Troubleshooting Temperature Sensor Issues
Having trouble logging temperatures with Monitor Pro?
Below are a few things that may need your attention:
Q: I am not getting any temperature readings.
- Check your hub is connected to your Internet Router. Is the Red light on? Is the green net light flashing every few seconds?
2. If you've never received readings, your network may have a firewall. In this case, you need to get your network administrator to allow outbound access through your firewall on TCP Port 3000
3. Your Wireless Hub may be too far away from your sensors or the signal is being obstructed. In this case, move your Wireless hub closer to your sensors. This may require a longer LAN cable. Distance isn't always the issue, your hubs may be close to the sensors but you may have a lot of barriers e.g. Steel Walls, Corner, Stairs etc. Your sensors need a clear line of sight to send their readings, interference can decrease the signal strength or stop the sensors from getting readings completely.
4. Individual sensors can be checked by removing them from the fridge and placing them near to the wireless hub. You should see them reappear on your graph within an hour. If the sensor does not reappear, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. If you have multiple sensors which have all disappeared from your graph, the problem is more likely to be related to the hub rather than the individual sensors. Please check that it is still plugged in, with both the red light and green flashing light showing. If this is true, please reboot the hub by disconnecting the power and then reconnecting it. If your sensors do not reappear after an hour, please contact email@example.com.
Q: I am getting intermittent temperature readings
1. The sensor signal may be obstructed by items in the fridge or freezer. Try moving the sensor closer to the door or your Wireless hub closer to your sensors.